Skip navigation

Home Button Videos Button Blog Button Guidelines Button

AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk
deanvp
Accepted Solution

Want to cancel Att dial up Internet but keep nnnn.@att.net email addresses

Att customer service says I will be able to keep att email addresses at no cost when I cancel dialo up service which agrees with att terms of service. Billing says I need to pay $7.95 a month to keep email addresses which doesn't agree with att terms of service.  How do i get att Billing corrected?

Please use plain text.
h3llion33
Topics: 3
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 91

Re: Want to cancel Att dial up Internet but keep nnnn.@att.net email addresses

Thats weird. Ive seen att offer att.net addresses for free. The only thing I can think of is they may charge for pop or imap access. Did you have any extras with your dialup/email?
Please use plain text.
deanvp

I made a thrid call today through att Billing. The initial response was again the same.  I then asked for a supervisor. She got on line and when i quoted the paragraph 5.a. in their Terms of Use she admitted that was true. She then explained that the $7.95 is for att to remain responsible for the email adresses. I informed her they had transfered that responsibility to Yahoo quite some time back. After a while of "gobbly **bleep**" she admitted that yes att will allow the use of the current att.net adress and the subaccounts and consider them free emal accounts. Bottom line is she finally admitted the $7.95 monthly charge is not required. IMHO the $7.95 harge is nothing more than an attempt to blackmail us into paying for something that isn't required. I'm very disappointed in att's ethics in this regard.

Please use plain text.
Boris

Thank you for your advice! What number did you call?

Boris

Please use plain text.
AT&T Workforce Management Solutions