Skip navigation

Home Button Videos Button Blog Button Guidelines Button

lef
lef

Charged for items never discussed during order conversation

I signed up for DSL service and was quoted a monthy charge of $14.95 plus applicable taxes for the pro service. When my bill arrived, there were additional charges to ship their kit to me in the amount of $12.95, equipment charges $87.05, and a connection charge of $36.00. None of this was quoted or disclosed in the ordering phone call with the representative. Nor are these charges listed in the mailer I received. I rec'd my bill, called and asked for a credit on these items. A service rep agreed to credit the charges and submitted the request to her supervisor for approval on 1/10. She committed to call me back. She did not. I called again on 1/30 to get status. Nothing had been done with credits. I was rotated through 4 different depts. Two of the representatives had accents so strong I could not understand them. One told me I was not eligable for the service I signed up for because I needed a home phone. He then tried to up my charges to $25 and change. I refused to do that so he transferred me to the "billing dept.", he said, "they can help you with the other charges". He transferred me to the rebate dept. They confirmed I was eligable for the $14.95 program and I did not need a home phone.

On 1/10 - they offered to review the recorded phone conversation. During the conversations I had with service reps from India, they will not acknowledge being able to do this, when brought up they ignore this statement. I asked for a supervisor, I was put on hold then transferred to ext 5618 where it rang and I got a recorded message that said, "the users box cannot accept more messages". ATT's customer service has become deplorable. I offered to send back the equipment and was told that I had more than 30 days, I cannot do that. I can and will. I've filed a complaint with the FCC.

Please use plain text.
biztech

Re: Charged for items never discussed during order conversation

Hi Lef,

Please check your messages as we have sent you instructions on how to get us the info we need to better assist you.

--------------------
AT&T Moderator

Visit our Video Library
Follow @ATTBusinessCare on Twitter for additional help.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Please use plain text.
lef
lef

I received texts stating you had corrected the errors. I have just learned you did not. I have never worked with a more disfunctional system.

Please use plain text.
biztech

Hi lef,

Thank you for sending us your account information on Friday.  We are currently reviewing your account and we will have someone contact you shortly.

--------------------
AT&T Moderator

Visit our Video Library
Follow @ATTBusinessCare on Twitter for additional help.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Please use plain text.