Skip navigation

gwelker62
Accepted Solution

AT&T Smart wifi app

Am I the only one who thinks this app is totally useless?

The data monitor shows 100% of my data is over wifi. Kind of hard to believe it when I'm not on wifi 100% of the time. Even tethered a few times out in the field, and it tallies up the bits and bites, but always shows 100% wifi. How can I trust it to even give me an accurate data count?

Is there any advantage to using it when searching/connecting to at&t hotspots?

Please use plain text.
mark austin

Re: AT&T Smart wifi app

If you are an AT&T employee, and have a CoU plan, then you are not charged for data on your phone, and hence it will show zero usage for data.

Please use plain text.
gwelker62

I'm not an at&t employee. And that doesn't make sense on why it wouldn't track cell data anyway.

Please use plain text.
Volvoxan

I think they need to include this app on the apple market to be available for ipads and itouchs. Auto acceptance to user agreements through this app would make it a breeze to log into multiple locations that provide at&t hotspots. Also I've had some locations that the user aggreement page has problems where the get connected button overlaps the check box, making it useless to even have a page there in the first place.

Please use plain text.
techmod

Hi Volvoxan,

Thank you for your post about the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app. We will provide this information to our products team as feedback.
--------------------
AT&T Moderator

Visit our Video Library
Follow @ATTBusinessCare on Twitter for additional help.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful on threads you create as "Accepted Solution". This will help other users find this information too!!
Please use plain text.
twmiller

Sign me up as one who heartily agrees, but for a different reason.  My smart "wifi" app uses more mobile data looking for wifi locations than it saves.  In fact after installing it, and not realizing this fact, I had to increase my mobile data plan.  After the next month I was charged $30 more for an extra 5MB of data usage at the end of the billing period.  Finally got a data usage monitor -- from adndroid apps not att -- and found out the smart wifi app was consuming the same amount of mobile data as it was wifi data.  Turning it off has saved me a lot.  I am currently testing to see if this is true for the long run and will seek a refund from att if the trend continues

Please use plain text.