Skip navigation

Home Button Videos Button Blog Button Guidelines Button

Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

Re: Blue screen error with AGNFILT.SYS driver error

[ Edited ]

by giona87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Mike,

today i had again blue screen error, attached you can find today minidump created setup "Kernel memory dump" on my system, i found also a MEMORY.DMP file who is indicated as memory dump in the setting of startup, let me if you'll need it

Please tell me if you can read it .. i hope so !
Thanks
Nadia

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Please use plain text.
Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

by Mike L » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

Nadia,

Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.1 ?

ftp://ftp.attglobal.net/pub/client/win3 ... nc_vpn.msi

We can see if the problem has been addressed with the newer client. If the problem is still occurring with 8.1 we would then be working with drivers we can update in a current release. We cannot fix 7.1, as it is too old of a release.

Also, I would make sure your Netw5x32.sys ( Intel wireless driver ) is up to date, I see it in the call stack when the crash occurs.

thanks,
Mike

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Please use plain text.
Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

by giona87 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Mike
i upgraded today my intel driver from version 12.2.0.11 to 12.4.4.5.

About the possibility to install version 8.1 i need to obtain some authorization to use new AGN Client version because in EMEA 7.1 it's the latest tested version so AT&T Emea policy do not permitt to install any succesive .

If you agree i would have a period of test with new intel driver may be this update will solve the issue (i hope so!) otherwiswe i will try to investigate how can get the authorization to install new version.

Thank you so much .. for yuou help till now !!!

Please use plain text.
Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

by giona87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:43 am

Hi Mike,

upgrade of driver didn't solve the issue, i obtained today authorization from Emea ITO to install 8.1 Version.

I'll keep you posted about resoult.

Nadia

Please use plain text.
Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

[ Edited ]

by giona87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Mike,

again me ....

Yesterday I installed 8.1 version on my PC .. and today ... buummmm blue screen error !!!

I attached to this post new minidump .. please let me know thanks

Nadia

Please use plain text.
Senior Advisor
Nancy Knows

by Mike L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am

Nadia,

Is it possible for you to test using your ethernet connection instead of the WiFi connection ? If so, could you do that for awhile and see whether the problem occurs in that case. I still think it is possible that the miniport driver for the WiFi interface might play a part in this issue.

Also, was a kernel memory dump generated at "c:\windows\memory.dmp" ? Let me know and I will send you a message for uploading that file, if you don't still have that ftp upload information. The minidump is not providing enough information to troubleshoot.

thank you,
Mike

Please use plain text.
SuperBubba

After reading up from users who got rid of the BSOD for AGNFILT.SYS by changing routers, I did the same myself and it resolved the issue.

I was using the internal wireless of an ACTIONTEC Q1000 from Qwest/CenturyLink that is also a DSL modem.  I blue screened whenever connected with AT&T active.  I updated to the latest version of net client from ATTNETCLIENT.COM to no avail.  My girlfriend's 2 computers (WinXP and Windows7) also blue screened when connected via the client.  It was a consistent problem that would hit multiple times a day during the work day.

I converted the Action Q1000 DSL modem/router to just bridge mode and turned off the wireless feature.  I plugged in my old D-Link DIR-655 to be the wireless router and the BSOD events have disappeared on all 3 computers for over a week now.  I highly recommend making the change in your router if you regularly get the BSOD while using AT&T Net Client as they don't appear interested in resolving the issue.

Please use plain text.
schoone

I get the BSOD in agnfilt.sys a varying hotels around the world and also at home -- practically always AFTER waking up from sleep-gone-into-automatic-hibernate mode, and always on the wireless. It happens immediately when I click the CONNECT button quite quickly after opening the laptop lid.

My experience is that when I wait longer, the chance of ti coccurring is less.

But in most cases I did wait until the wireless icon of W7 said it had established internet connectivity,

My hypothesis would be it has something to do with some pointer being remembered for a wireless connection, and  that pointer not being there or at another place if the PC has slept or hibernated in the mean time.

My ATT cleint version is 8.2.0.3003

Please use plain text.
sgarfinkle

I got a BSOD this morning under similar circumstances.  My system is a desktop, not a laptop (connected to gigabit backbone using an Intel 82579V NIC); It is Win7 x64 SP1 (plus latest fixes); agnc is v8.10.0.3004.  This trap occurred when I tried to restore the client window (was minimized to taskbar) after the system had been asleep. The particular error on the BSOD was IRQL_NOT_LOWER (iirc).  I've noticed that AGNC has definitely had problems for at least a few months after the system was asleep. Other (presumably related) symptoms include leaking win32 handles and the client just hanging.  Obviously a ring 0 trap is the most annoying.  I have a memory.dmp if you want it. Email me instructions on where to put it,if so.

Please use plain text.
brolly33

Same issue on Lenovo W510.
Windows 7 x64

Blue screen after returning from standby.

At first I thought it was wireless related as well, but this morning I got the same blue screen with all wireless radios turned off (with the hardware disable switch on the side of the laptop).

I have also disabled the Windows Device for Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, since I have read that this has also correcte the issue for some.

NetClient.exe version 8.2.0.3003

Dumps attached

Please use plain text.