Announcements
NancyKnows

Employee

 • 

547 Messages

Mon, Apr 11, 2011 2:33 PM

Network client stops working on startup

by sgupta38 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 am

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Network Client - v 8.2

Whenever I start the network client, it crashes immediately after it successfully connects and gives the following message:

Network Access Client has stopped working. Please Close the program.

A screenshot is also attached with the same error message.

It happens 90% of the time when I start the client. For the remaining 10%, it connects successfully without any errors.

The strange thing is that after the crash, if I don't close the program and leave it as-is, then it seems to connect one in ten times.

I have re-installed the client without any luck. Please advise.

Thanks
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Accepted Solution

Tutor

 • 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am on version 9.1.0.3006 and I get this same error. Sometimes I get to the banner but as soon as I hit enter I get the same Netclient has stopped error.  I checked for updates and reloaded the Access POint Network. I still get the Netclient error after I click continue on the banner. 

NancyKnows

Employee

 • 

547 Messages

9 years ago

by obrion » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 am

We just released Version 8.3.2 which addressed some crashes. It is not clear from the picture if what you are seeing was specifically addressed, but it could have been, as it looks like you were connecting using Wi-Fi. Can you try 8.3.2 and see if it corrects your problem? If it does not, you can report it here or call the help desk to get a ticket opened so we can get tier 3 support to look at it.

Robert
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I work for IBM and just installed the latest Net Client on my new laptop and it just immediately crashed before even opening. There is no help for this apparently, IBM will not support because it's not on their machine and at&t will not support because I guess they feel they are not responsible to support their product.
DBear11

Employee

 • 

587 Messages

7 years ago

Please attach the support logs to this post for us to review.

 

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Help and Create support log.   Please attach the full zip file.

 

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.