Changes made to "All Charges and Usage" Report on AT&T Premier web portal
Many significant changes were made starting with our March billing cycle to the "All Charges and Usage" Report on AT&T Premier web portal. The changes coincided with a complete revamping of our billing statement (and, seemingly, our billed charges). Without good, consistent reporting from period to period, we have no idea if we are being invoiced accurately.
Previous Report Field Names:
Billing Account Number / Wireless Number / User Name / Market Cycle End Date / Monthly Service Charges / Usage Charges / One Time Charges / Government Fees and Taxes / Equipment Charges / Non-Communications Charges / Voice MOUs / Data Usage / Messaging Events / Group ID / Primary Line
New Field Names (as of March, 2019):
Billing Account Number / Group ID / Wireless Number / User Name / Cycle End Date / Activity Since Last Bill / Monthly Charges / Government Fees and Taxes / Surcharges and Fees / ATT Subscription / 3rd Party Subscription / Data Usage (KB) / Talk Minutes / Text Messaging
There are so many changes to this report that it should be rolled out as a NEW report altogether, not a modification of an existing report.
- Re-ordering of fields (some fields are the same, but they are now in a different column order)
- Re-sorting of records (sorting by Group ID before name/number)
- Addition of a new record type to the dataset (Group ID Total not associated with a specific wireless line)
- Re-naming of certain fields (i.e. - Cycle End Date / Data Usage (KB) / Talk Minutes / Text Messaging)
- *Removal or change in definition of fields and calculations (Monthly Service Charges / Usage Charges / One Time Charges / Government Fees and Taxes / Equipment Charges / Non-Communications Charges / Activity Since Last Bill / Surcharges and Fees / ATT Subscription / 3rd Party Subscription)
*This is the biggest issue by far. This should not be done without further explanation or warning. The change in reporting changed at the same time as a billing statement overhaul (and, seemingly, to our billed charges). We had charges and (unrequested) plan changes flying around all over the place last month, and we have no idea what is going on, or if we are being charged accurately, especially without good reporting to analyze period over period.
This requires urgent attention and rectification.